Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh darn... she's awake!!"

Monday, December 22, 2008

Holy Cow Look At The Snow!!

I just posted these pictures on my private family blog and decided I'd post them here too. This is what I woke up to this morning, and what I had to clear out. It took me almost two full hours to finish my small driveway, do the sidewalk and 1/2 of my neighbor's driveway. I was wring-out wet by the time I got back inside because it is still snowing.

Oh yeah, it will be a white Christmas.

I blew out the driveway twice yesterday, the last time right before bed. This is the accumulation from last night.

We love the snow plows, but I wish they wouldn't bury my driveway! My little snow blower couldn't cut through this. I had to do it with brute strength and a shovel (and some help from my cutie-patootie neighbor boy).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just started snowing here about 2 hours ago. I hope that we don't get as much as you guys. Ugh...That brings back bad memories of last year's never ending snow storms.

thorkgal said...

We had a good samaritan plow us out yesterday... I wonder where he is today? Yikes!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like no fun at all. You should come visit me for Christmas instead. My driveway is in tip-top shape!;)

Anonymous said...

Welcome, Old Man Winter! We wondered whether you would come our way this year! Hooray for a White Christmas!

Yvonne said...

It's amazing how much snow is falling, eh? Enjoy.