Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh darn... she's awake!!"

Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Guy

I'm not one given to sentimentality... I'm just not one of those gushy kind of people. (I'm also not very good at expressing my feelings with clarity.) However, in light of it being Father's Day today and Calvin's birthday in one week, I thought I'd let you know exactly why I love him and why he's my Knight in Shining Armor:


** Calvin is a Knight in Shining Armor and he treats me like I am his queen. We have been married for 20+ years and this man still opens my car door for me. His mantra is "I'll do anything for you!" Calvin knows that my love language is "quality time" and he's very willing to share his with me. He takes me on dates regularly and even volunteers to go with me on boring errands to Walmart -- just so we can spend time together. Ahhh... so sweet!

** Fatherhood wears well on Calvin. He has taken this calling very seriously and tries to be the best dad he can. He takes Aly to breakfast every Saturday morning... just the two of them. They spend 1/2 hour to 45 minutes just talking over scrambled eggs or French toast. Sometimes the conversation is serious, sometimes it's just "how was your week?" It's time they both look forward to.
Adam also gets solo Dad time. Tuesday nights, while Aly & I are at YW, he takes Adam out to ice cream; or to the park to ride bikes or play catch. He wants the kids need to know he's there for them... no matter what.

** Calvin has an extremely strong testimony of the Gospel. He doesn't flaunt it or wear it on his sleeve, but you can see it in his actions. He is constantly telling us, "No matter what, the church is true." He is the driving force behind our family scripture study, daily family prayer and regular family home evening.

** Calvin has a very strong work ethic. He has always provided a nice living for our family, but knows the right balance between work and having fun. Even though he puts in over 60 hours a week (between building his business and teaching for an online university) we know that evenings and weekends belong to us.

For these reasons, and many more, I love my guy!!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!

4 comments:

Wees said...

Ya done good, Chelli! He's a keeper.

thorkgal said...

I'm completely jealous!!! ENJOY.

Yvonne said...

Great post. I love it. It's wonderful to have a guy like that, isn't it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nice comments. I love you very dear... :)