Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh darn... she's awake!!"

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Nostalgia

I went out with two friends last night after our YW activity. My friends are 10 years younger and had a different growing up experience in pop-culture than me. I was a teen in the 80's when they were just kids!! We were discussing different trends and fashions and I brought up the shampoo called "Gee Your Hair Smells Terriffic."

Do you remember that?

My friends didn't.

I tried to describe the goofy ads, but that is something you have to see to get the whole effect. So today, I tried to find one and had no luck. Too bad. That would have been fun to see.

Instead, I found these. Enjoy the walk down memory lane:


(As a teen, I LOVED these ads with David Naughton. He was soooo cute!!)

3 comments:

Acacia said...

Do you remember the commercial for McDLTs with Jason Alexander? "Keep the Cool side, COOL!!" TV ads were fun then. And don't you hate it when your friends continually remind you how old you are by not remembering things YOU cherished as a kid? I have two friends that don't even know who the Thundercats are!

thorkgal said...

I'm there with you girl friend. Chewing "double mint" with the blonde twins, singing "oscar-mayer", and "stuck on Band-Aids" the whole bit.
Those were the days. We'll be singing those tunes in the nursing home one day. Ha ha.

Yvonne said...

Gosh, could it have been that long ago??? I guess so.