Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh darn... she's awake!!"

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Indy

Calvin and I went to see the new Indiana Jones movie today. Here's my review...

HUH!?!
Indiana Jones meets Close Encounters of the Third Kind.


It was .... good, but a bit weird. Cate Blanchett was fabulous (of course)! Shia LaBeouf did a good job as well. Harrison Ford was okay (I'm waiting for the lightning to strike by saying that). The first time I saw him running, I thought, "sheesh, he runs like an old man!" But then again, so do I. I forgave him and got used to it. I was happy to see he still has a cute bum. ;-) There were some fun action scenes, some very contrived scenes and of course -- true to an Indiana Jones movie -- there was the obligatory gross out scene. This one was giant meat eating red ants. They were disgusting and fabulous.

Our favorite part of the whole movie was listening to the little kid sitting behind us. He was so excited to be there! He screamed at the appropriate parts, gasped when he should and cheered for the good guys. We enjoyed it through his eyes.

Would I see this movie again? I'll probably have to because I'm sure Adam will want to see it, but I'll probably wait until it's at the cheap theater.



P.S. The "crystal skull" looked like it was plastic, full of wrinkled saran wrap.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Isn't it funny--I thought Harrison Ford was great and that Cate Blanchett was horrible. (I am a huge fan of hers but was so bothered by her accent). Can we still be friends????