Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh darn... she's awake!!"

Monday, July 14, 2008

And Theeeeey're Off !!!

Well, there's nothing more I can do.

No more preparations to be made.

No decisions to be made or changed.

I'm in it to win it.

My box* is packed; my sleeping bag is rolled up; the utility trailer is loaded; lists are crossed off; the children have their arrangements made.

I only have "morning chores" to finish: making lunch, combing hair, brushing teeth.

And kissing the kids goodbye. **sniff**

See ya on the other side!! (Yeah! When I'm free again!)

*Our stake doesn't let the girls bring duffle bags or suitcases for their stuff. We have found that it's easier to transport all the gear if they pack everything in a potato or apple box. Of course, we use one of our camp preparation activities decorating the boxes so they're cute! It's a unique idea that has worked for many years. (It also cuts down on too much excess baggage! The girls can only bring what will fit in the box -- sleeping bags & pillows excluded.)

No comments: