Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh darn... she's awake!!"

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Where Does He Come From?

It's been a while since I've posted something off-the-wall that Adam has said. Well, he seems to be back in fine form saying some of the most amusing things:

(This was told to me by Aly:) Adam was playing with his best friend Devyn. They were getting into the car and Adam excitedly said, "I'm going to get married tomorrow!" and after a brief pause said, "OH! I guess I'd better find a girlfriend then!"

(No, he's not going to marry Devyn. At one point in his life he talked about it, but he scared her by saying things like that, so he backed off. I wonder, however, if he's trying to make her jealous by talking about marrying another girl.)

. . . . . . . . . . . . .

Yesterday we went boating. It's the first time since the end of June that we've gone out. Everyone was very excited. We were planning on leaving the house between 3 & 3:30 pm. At noon, Adam came running to me and asked if he could put his swim suit on. Of course he can, so off he went running to his bedroom. Thirty seconds later he comes running back to me..... completely naked.

"Mom! I've got my swimsuit on!" he said with a funny grin on his face.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise and in a calm voice say, "Oh, you do?"

He started laughing and yells, "I'M GOIN' SKINNY DIPPIN'!!"

Then he looked at me from the corner of his eye and says, "I'm just kidding," and ran back to his room to get dressed.

He thought he was so clever.

And he made me laugh.

2 comments:

Ben's Major Jaw Reconstruction said...

Sister Carey!!!! HOw are you???? I love your Blog!! you are just as wonderful as ever!!!! Please say you remember me.....haha!!!

Yvonne said...

What a character!!!

By the way, thought about you today when we went to the Rexburg temple--and then to the Twin Falls Temple (actually went through open house) They are both gorgeous.

If I thought we had enough time, I would have tried to arrange to meet you.