Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, "Oh darn... she's awake!!"

Friday, August 8, 2008

You Gotta Try This!!!

My friend, Jennifer, who hosts Where the Heart Is sent me this recipe. I first became aware of it when she made some and brought it to Enrichment Night. When she announced that she brought a sugar-free chocolate mousse made with tofu, I wrinkled my nose and though, "Auck, gack, aaargh!! Why in the world would someone ruin chocolate mousse by not using sugar and put in tofu?" To be polite, I took a spoonful and put it on my plate.

I looked at it the entire time I at my meal. It looked like normal chocolate mousse. Actually, it looked kind of yummy. Her daughter, Celeste, was sitting next to me and I knew that she'd notice if I didn't at least try it, so I gingerly dipped my spoon into the chocolate mound and tapped it on my tongue.

HUH!?!

Could it actually taste good?

Well, I couldn't tell because I'd had such a small taste, so I got brave and scooped up 1/2 a spoonful and ate it.

HOLY COW!!!

It was DELISH!!!

I ate what had, picked up the plate and licked it off and then sat in my seat, looking longingly at the bowl up at the serving table, wishing I was brave enough to act like a pig and get myself more. I never did, but to this day, I wish I had.

I have thought longingly about that bowl of chocolate mousse ever since and I was finally able to procure the recipe. I want to share it with you. I want you to try it. You'll thank me (and Jennifer) for it!!
*************************************************

SUGAR FREE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
1 pkg (4 serving size) chocolate sugar-free instant pudding mix
1 pkg soft tofu
1 heaping tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 to 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled

Use an electric mixer to beat the pudding mix, tofu, and cocoa powder until very smooth. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until just about stiff. Turn the mixer to its lowest setting, blend in the pudding mixture til just mixed. Do not over beat or you'll end up with chocolate butter. Dish up into serving bowls and chill til ready to serve.

Vanilla pudding mix can be used; just omit the cocoa powder and add a teaspoon vanilla extract. In fact, any flavor may be adapted.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Not sure I can make or eat anything with tofu, but maybe, just maybe I'll have to give it a try.